Spaghetti and Meatballs Napoli
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whole wheat bread slice||3 , crumbled|
|Beef||3⁄4 Pound, ground|
|Pork||1⁄2 Pound, ground|
|Veal||1⁄4 Pound, ground|
|Onion||1 Medium, finely chopped|
|Green pepper||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), finely chopped|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Garlic clove||1 Large, crushed|
|Ground cloves||1 Dash|
|Ground nutmeg||1 Dash|
|Round steak||1⁄2 Pound|
|Salt pork||1⁄4 Pound|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|White wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned tomatoes||28 Ounce (1 Can, 1 Pound 12 Ounce, Undrained)|
|Tomato paste||6 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dried basil leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Spaghetti||1 Pound (1 Package)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a medium bowl, slightly beat eggs.
3. Add milk and bread, mix well and let it stand for 5 minutes.
4. Add remaining meatball ingredients, mix and blend well.
5. Using hands shape the mixture into 12 balls of about 2 1/2 inches diameter.
6. In a well greased shallow baking pan, place the meat balls.
7. Bake uncovered for 15 minutes and then brush meatballs with pan drippings; bake for another 15 minute.
8. Using a damp cloth, wipe clean round steaks; cut into 1/2-inch chunks and keep aside.
9. Chop the salt pork into small pieces.
10. In a Dutch oven, put together chopped salt pork and garlic; sautÃ© until it is well browned.
11. Bring garlic and salt pork to one side of the pan and brown chunks of beef from all sides.
12. Stir in wine, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
13. Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste, 1/2 cup water, the parsley, salt, pepper and basil and bring the mixture to boiling.
14. Lower the heat and simmer uncovered for 1/2 hour.
15. Add meatballs, cover and simmer for 1 hour, stir occasionally.
16. Following directions on the package, cook spaghetti; drain.
17. On a serving dish, place spaghetti and top with meatballs and sauce.
18. Sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese.
Calories 1029 Calories from Fat 376
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g64.5%
Saturated Fat 15.8 g79.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 221.7 mg73.9%
Sodium 1366.6 mg56.9%
Total Carbohydrates 102 g33.9%
Dietary Fiber 6.3 g25.2%
Sugars 8.8 g
Protein 66 g131.4%
Vitamin A 47.1% Vitamin C 68.7%
Calcium 32.9% Iron 58%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet