Spaghetti With Bacon Sauce
|Bacon slab||3⁄4 Pound|
|Sweet red pepper||1 Small|
|Canned tomatoes||16 Ounce|
|Grated parmesan cheese||6 Tablespoon|
1) Cut the bacon into 1/4 inch thick slices, then cut across into strips.
2) Seed and finely chop the pepper.
3) Cook the spaghetti in boiling salted water till tender.
4) Heat a saucepan, add the bacon and fry till golden all over.
5) Add the pepper to the pan and fry for 1 minute.
6) Press the tomatoes and juice through a sieve into the pan and bring to a boil, stirring.
7) Add seasoning, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
8) Drain the spaghetti thoroughly and return to the pan.
9) Add the sauce and all but 1 tbsp of the cheese.
10) Toss lightly over a low heat for 2 minutes.
11) Adjust the seasoning to taste.
12) In a warmed serving dish, place the spaghetti and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
13) Serve the spaghettin bacon sauce immediately with fresh crusty bread.