Spaghetti With Eggplant
|Ripe tomatoes||1 Pound|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Chopped fresh basil||2 Teaspoon|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Wash and thinly slice the eggplant.
2) Put into a colander and sprinkle with salt.
3) Leave to drain for 1 hour.
4) Blanch, peel and chop the tomatoes.
5) Peel and crush garlic.
6) Cook spaghetti in boiling salted water till tender.
7) In a saucepan, heat 3 tbsp oil, add garlic and fry for 1 minute.
8) Add tomatoes, basil and seasoning, stir well and cook over a low heat for 15 minutes.
9) Meanwhile, rinse eggplant slices under running water and gently squeeze dry.
10) In a skillet, heat 1/2 inch oil iand fry eggplant slices, a few at a time, till crisp on both sides.
11) Drain on paper towels and keep hot.
12) Drain spaghetti thoroughly.
13) In a warmed serving dish, put the spaghetti and pour tomato sauce over.
14) Add eggplant slices, sprinkle with cheese, garnish with sprig of basil.
15) Serve the spaghetti immediately.