Spaghetti with Clams
|Small clams||2 Pound, washed and scrubbed (1 kilogram)|
|Dry white wine||250 Milliliter (1 cup)|
|Water||250 Milliliter (1 cup)|
|Olive oil||85 Milliliter (1/3 cup)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Canned italian peeled tomatoes||835 Milliliter, drained and chopped (3 1/3 cups)|
|Finely chopped fresh parsley||45 Milliliter|
|Butter||45 Milliliter (3 tablespoon)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Spaghetti/1 pound / 450 gram, dried spaghetti||1 1⁄3 Pound (600 gram, fresh)|
1) In a large pan, cook the clams, wine, water and 1 tablespoon olive oil together, covered over a high heat.
2) Remove the opened clams with a slotted spoon, discard un-opened clams and boil the liquid, until 1 cup remains. Strain the liquid through a cheesecloth and keep aside.
3) In a large pan, saute the garlic and onion in rest of the oil, until golden.
4) Stir in the clam juice and cook for a few minutes, until slightly evaporated.
5) Stir in the tomatoes, parsley, chili and butter, then cook, uncovered, over a medium for heat for 10 minutes.
6) Season with the salt and black pepper, to taste and stir some more wine if the sauce becomes too thick.
7) Stir in the clams and heat thoroughly.
8) In a pan, cook the spaghetti in the boiling salted water,until tender. Drain and stir in a little olive oil.
9) Transfer the spaghetti to warm bowls, spoon over the sauce and serve the Spaghetti with Clams immediately with a small slice of butter on top.