Wholemeal Spaghetti With Mushrooms And Leeks
|Button mushrooms||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Wholemeal spaghetti||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Butter||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Double cream||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Chopped parsley/Fresh herbs||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
1. Wash the leeks and slice thinly, then rewash to remove any remaining grit. Drain thoroughly.
2. Wipe the mushrooms and slice thinly.
3. Cook the spaghetti in plenty of boiling salted water until tender (about 12 minutes).
4. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a pan, then add the crushed clove of garlic, if used, and leeks.
5. Cook, stirring continuously, until the leeks are soft but not browned.
6. Stir in the mushrooms, cook and continue stirring for a few minutes.
7. Stir in the cream, season and heat through but do not allow to boil.
8. Drain the spaghetti, place in a warmed serving dish and pour over the leeks and mushrooms.
9. Toss well and sprinkle with chopped parsley before serving immediately.