Baked Spaghetti Squash And Chicken
|Spaghetti squash||3 1⁄2 Pound (1 Number)|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Boneless skinless chicken breasts||12 Ounce, cut into 1/2-inch cubes|
|Milk/Heavy whipping cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Heavy whipping cream/Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh basil leaves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Packed)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1. Preheat the oven to 375 Â°F.
2. Using a sharp knife, prick the squash in two or three places. Set it on a baking pan and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven, cut the squash in half lengthwise, and scoop out the seeds. Return the squash halves, cut side down, to the pan and bake until tender, 30 minutes more.
3. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a medium-size saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the flour and cook, stirring continuously, for 1 minute. Whisk in the broth and bring the mixture to a boil, whisking all the while. Add the chicken and simmer, uncovered, over low heat until it is cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the milk. Season with 1 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste.
4. Chop the basil. Ten minutes before the squash is done, gently reheat the chicken in the sauce. Stir the basil and Parmesan into the sauce and adjust the seasoning.
5. Remove the squash from the oven. Use a fork to rake the interior of the squash until it separates fully into strands and only the shell remains. Transfer the squash strands to a serving dish, and top with the chicken and cheese sauce.
Calories 467 Calories from Fat 215
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g37.7%
Saturated Fat 13.8 g69.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 118.5 mg39.5%
Sodium 553.3 mg23.1%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g12.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.32 g1.3%
Sugars 1.9 g
Protein 29 g57.9%
Vitamin A 21.6% Vitamin C 16.9%
Calcium 27.7% Iron 13.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet