Veal Pie With Spaghetti Crust
|Margarine||4 Teaspoon, divided (1 Tablespoon + 1 Teaspoon)|
|Spaghetti||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked|
|Cooked spaghetti||2 Cup (32 tbs), warm|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon, grated|
|Grated parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon|
|Low fat cottage cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cottage cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Low Fat)|
|Diced onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Diced green bell pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Green bell pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Cooked ground veal||5 Ounce, crumbled|
|Canned italian tomatoes with juice||1 Cup (16 tbs), drain and chop, reserving liquid|
|Italian tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), canned|
|Tomato sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|Oregano leaves||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1 Dash|
|Mozzarella cheese||4 Ounce, shredded|
|Shredded mozzarella||4 Ounce|
1) Preheat the oven to 350Â°F.
2) Spray a 9-inch pie pan with nonstick cooking spray and keep aside.
3) In a small flameproof container, melt 1 tablespoon of the margarine.
4) In a 1 quart bowl, mix the spaghetti, egg, Parmesan cheese, and melted margarine together.
5) Press the spaghetti mixture over the bottom and up the sides of the prepared pan to form a crust.
6) Gently spread the cottage cheese over the crust.
7) In a 8-inch nonstick skillet, saute the onion and bell pepper in rest of the margarine over a medium high heat until the onion is transparent.
8) Stir in rest of the ingredients except mozzarella, then simmer on a low heat for about 10 minutes. Then spread evenly over the cottage cheese.
9) Bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, until hot and bubbly.
10) Sprinkle the pie with mozzarella cheese and bake for another 5 minutes, until the cheese is melted and lightly browned. Remove from oven and stand for 5 minutes.
11) Slice and serve immediately on individual serving plates.