Pasta Verde Spaghetti with Spinach Amd Almond Sauce
|Spinach/1 package, 10 ounce frozen spinach||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Fresh parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), coarsely chopped|
|Romano||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Blanched almonds||1 Ounce|
|Fresh garlic||4 (Or More As Needed)|
|Boiling water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Plus Extra On Hand)|
|Parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon (As Required, For Garnish)|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
1. Wash spinach thoroughly, remove white stems, and chop leaves coarsely.
2. Cook spinach in small quantity of salted water until the leaves turn tender; Cook frozen spinach according to the direction written on the packet.
3. Drain the water from spinach and add the tender leaves into a blender with all other ingredients [mentioned in the list] except hot water.
4. Make a smooth paste out of the blending process.
5. Now add boiling water in it and continue the blending process for a few seconds more.[ water is to be added as per the desired consistency]
6. Boil and prepare spaghetti according to directions mentioned on the packet.
7. Drain and pour sauce over the noodles and toss them well for even coating.
8. Garnish the prepared pasta with remaining Parmesan cheese.
9. You can add parsley, on discretion.
10. Serve immediately.
Calories 712 Calories from Fat 267
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47%
Saturated Fat 9.6 g47.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 32 mg10.7%
Sodium 339.4 mg14.1%
Total Carbohydrates 92 g30.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.2%
Sugars 0.8 g
Protein 27 g53.7%
Vitamin A 83.9% Vitamin C 56.9%
Calcium 35.5% Iron 36.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet