|Olive oil/Salad oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Pork sausage||1⁄2 Pound|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Ground beef liver||1⁄2 Pound|
|Canned italian tomatoes||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Canned tomato paste||6 Ounce|
|Rich beef stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dried basil||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dried thyme||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ripe olives||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 350° F.
2) Take a saucepan and heat oil in it. Add sausage meat and cook until brown.
3) Add garlic, onion and liver.
4) Cook the mixture for about 10 minutes.
5) Stir in tomato paste, tomatoes, stock, parsley and seasonings. Simmer for about 1 hour.
6) Add olives.
7) Take a pan and boil salted water in it. Add spaghetti and cook according to package directions until tender. Drain.
8) Spoon the meat sauce and mix lightly with a fork.
9) Take a shallow 2 1/2-quart greased casserole and turn the mixture into it.
10) Bake, uncovered, for about 30 minutes.
11) Serve Spaghetti Fegato hot.
Calories 466 Calories from Fat 182
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g31.7%
Saturated Fat 5.7 g28.4%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 139.1 mg46.4%
Sodium 1757.7 mg73.2%
Total Carbohydrates 53 g17.6%
Dietary Fiber 6.1 g24.6%
Sugars 5.4 g
Protein 24 g47.6%
Vitamin A 170.5% Vitamin C 51.6%
Calcium 14.7% Iron 46.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet