Spaghetti With Clam Sauce
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Shallots||2 Large, finely chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Canned clams||13 Ounce, drained, rinsed (Two 6 1/2 Ounce Cans)|
|Frozen chopped spinach||10 Ounce, thawed, drained (1 Package)|
|Fish stock||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Lemon||1 , finely grated zest and juiced|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Boil the spaghetti in salted water until it is tender crisp or cooked al dente.
2. When cooked, drain in a colander an keep warm
3. Simultaneously, in a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over moderate heat.
4. Add shallots and garlic and sauté for 2 minutes just until the onions are soft.
Add in the clams and chopped spinach and stir for about 1 minute.
5. Pour in the stock and bring to a boil.
6. Reduce the heat and simmer the clams for about 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally until the clams are almost cooked and flavors have blended.
7. Blend the corn starch, lemon zest and juice.
8. Add to the pan and stir until well blended in the broth.
9. Cook, stirring until the sauce is thick and bubbly.
10. Stir in the parsley and season with salt and pepper.
11. Divide the spaghetti among 4 pasta plates.
12. Ladle the clam sauce over the pasta and serve immediately.
Calories 641 Calories from Fat 79
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.7%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 63.5 mg21.2%
Sodium 543.8 mg22.7%
Total Carbohydrates 100 g33.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.6%
Sugars 0.3 g
Protein 47 g93.6%
Vitamin A 150.4% Vitamin C 93.2%
Calcium 22.6% Iron 179.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet