Spaghetti Cheese Amandine
|Spaghetti||1 Ounce, broken in 1-inch pieces|
|Margarine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Low fat cottage cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), slivered, blanched|
1) Prepare the spaghetti by following the package directions.
2) Drain water and place aside.
3) In a large skillet, melt margarine.
4) Add the almonds to sauté in melted margarine.
5) Place the spaghetti and cottage cheese. Season with salt and toss constantly until thoroughly heated.
6) Serve hot by garnishing with grated cheese, if desired.
Calories 305 Calories from Fat 216
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.2%
Saturated Fat 3.8 g19.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 5.6 mg1.9%
Sodium 434.5 mg18.1%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.7%
Sugars 2.8 g
Protein 12 g23.1%
Vitamin A 13.8% Vitamin C 0.03%
Calcium 10.2% Iron 5.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet