Steven Raicheln's Spaghetti With White Bean Sauce
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), minced to make 4 teaspoons|
|Red onions||2 , finely chopped|
|Red bell pepper||1 , cut into 1/4-inch dice|
|Celery stalks||6 , cut into 1/4-inch dice|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Cooked navy beans/Cooked/ canned great northern beans||2 Cup (32 tbs), drained and rinsed (Or Canned)|
|Vegetable stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chicken broth/Canned low-sodium chicken broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Finely chopped flat-leaf parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Red pepper flakes||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Or To Taste)|
|Dried spaghetti||1 Pound|
|Freshly grated parmesan||4 Ounce|
1) In a large nonstick skillet heat oil and cook the garlic, onion, pepper, and celery over moderately low heat for 5 minutes till softened.
2) Add beans and cook for 1 minute.
3) Pour stock, half the parsley, pepper flakes, and salt and pepper to taste.
4) Simmer the mixture for 5 minutes.
5) Using a fork mash half the beans.
6) Follow package instructions to cook the spaghetti. Drain and keep aside.
7) In a large bowl, put spaghetti and the bean sauce. Toss well
8) Sprinkle remaining parsley on top.
9) Serve immediately with the Parmesan.