Meat Sauce For Spaghetti
|Cooking oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1⁄2 , finely chopped|
|Flour||1 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Tinned tomatoes||8 Ounce (1 Tin)|
|Stock/Water plus stock cube||1⁄2 Pint|
|Bay leaf||1 Small|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Castor sugar||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Cooked leftover meat||8 Ounce, minced|
|Grated parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon|
1. Boil salted water and add spaghetti. Cook for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain and place the cooked spaghetti in a hot plate.
2. In a saucepan, heat the oil and cook onions until soft.
3. Add flour and tomatoes along with the stock and liquid from the tin.
4. Stir in bay leaf, salt, sugar and pepper. Cover the lid and cook for 20 minutes.
5. Take out the bay leaf and add in the minced meat. Simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
6. Check the seasoning. And pour in the sauce over the cooked spaghetti.
7. Sprinkle grated cheese on the top and serve hot.
Calories 673 Calories from Fat 252
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.5%
Saturated Fat 8.1 g40.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 102.8 mg34.3%
Sodium 941.9 mg39.2%
Total Carbohydrates 60 g20.1%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12.1%
Sugars 3.1 g
Protein 48 g95.1%
Vitamin A 21.3% Vitamin C 22.2%
Calcium 25.9% Iron 30.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet