Sensational Spaghetti And Meatballs
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|White cooking wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned plum tomatoes||29 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Canned tomato paste||6 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Chopped basil/3 teaspoons dried basil leaves||3 Tablespoon|
|Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Meatballs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Bulk italian sausage||3⁄4 Pound|
|Ground beef||3⁄4 Pound|
|Dry bread crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
|Red cooking wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Cooked spaghetti||1 Pound, drained|
1) Preheat oven to 350°F.
2) In medium saucepan, melt margarine.
3) Sauté onion until tender.
4) Pour in chicken broth and cooking wine.
5) Bring the liquid to a boil until liquid is reduced to about 3/4 cup.
6) Pour in pureed tomatoes, tomato paste, basil and sugar to bring a boil.
7) Reduce heat and simmer for 30 to 45 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
8) Slowly add whipping cream and stir.
9) Meanwhile, prepare meatballs by combining all the meatball ingredients in a medium bowl.
10) Shape into 3/4-inch balls.
11) Use a 15 X 10 X 1-inch baking pan to place the meatballs.
12) Place insdie oven to bake the meatballs for 20 minutes or until brown.
13) Top cooked spaghetti with meatballs and sauce before serving.
Calories 823 Calories from Fat 486
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 54 g82.5%
Saturated Fat 22.3 g111.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 178.1 mg59.4%
Sodium 1188.4 mg49.5%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.3%
Dietary Fiber 7.6 g30.5%
Sugars 12.7 g
Protein 36 g71.7%
Vitamin A 43.9% Vitamin C 50.5%
Calcium 16.2% Iron 29.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet