Spaghetti with Aduki Beans
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Ripe tomatoes||2 Pound (900 Gram)|
|Cooked adzuki beans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Wholemeal spaghetti||3⁄4 Pound|
|Butter||1 Ounce (30 Gram)|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Cheese||2 Ounce, grated (55 Gram)|
1) To prepare the sauce, chop the garlic and onions and fry them in oil till they are softened.
2) Add the tomatoes which have been peeled and chopped and keep cooking very gently till some of the juice has been given off and the sauce has started to thicken. This generally takes about 15 to 25 minutes.
3) Add the aduki beans which have been pre-cooked. Cook for 10 more minutes and then add sea salt and pepper to season.
4) In order to prepare the pasta, boil water in a large pan and add the pasta. Stir frequently so that there is no sticking. Cooking time is generally 10 to 15 minutes. This leaves the pasta soft without making it soggy.
5) Put the pasta in a colander and allow it to drain for a minimum of 2 minutes.
6) In a serving bowl, put the butter and a little crushed garlic. Warm in the oven and transfer the pasta. Stir in the chopped parsley and grated cheese.
7) Serve hot. The bean and tomato sauce can be served separately or poured over.