Spaghetti With White Clam Sauce
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), peeled and minced|
|Olive oil/Other cooking oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Clam juice||2 Cup (32 tbs), use liquid drained from clams, rounding out measure as needed with bottled clam juice|
|Finely chopped clams/2 cans 10 1/2-ounce each minced clams, drained, liquid saved||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Minced parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Thin spaghetti||1⁄2 Pound|
|Coarsely chopped parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (As Garnish)|
1) In a saucepan, stir-fry the garlic in oil for about 1 minute over a gentle heat.
2) Stir in the flour, add the clam juice, stir continuously and cook until the mixture slightly thickens, then simmer covered for about 10-15 minutes.
3) Add the clams, minced parsley and pepper, then simmer covered for 3-5 minutes.
4) Pour the sauce and toss well with the hot spaghetti.
5) Garnish with the coarsely chopped parsley and serve immediately.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1630 Calories from Fat 523
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 59 g90.2%
Saturated Fat 7.5 g37.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 30.6 mg10.2%
Sodium 4452.4 mg185.5%
Total Carbohydrates 208 g69.2%
Dietary Fiber 10 g39.9%
Sugars 8.6 g
Protein 65 g129.9%
Vitamin A 47.6% Vitamin C 55.1%
Calcium 41.9% Iron 86.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet