Hearty Mushroom Spaghetti Sauce
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Minced garlic cloves||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Finely minced onion||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (Very Fine Slices)|
|Sliced mushrooms||1 Pound (10 Ounces Regular, 6 Ounces Portobello)|
|Dry red wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Canned crushed tomatoes||56 Ounce (Two 28 Ounce Cans)|
|Crushed red pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped basil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Use a large heavy bottomed saucepan.
2. Heat olive oil, over medium flame.
3. Add sliced mushrooms and sauté until they have given out all the water content. Raise the heat and reduce the liquid. .
4. Pour in wine and continue to sauté mushrooms till the wine has reduced.
5. Empty the crushed tomatoes from the cans into the saucepan and stir to combine with the mushroom.
6. Add seasonings and bring sauce to a boil.
7. Simmer the sauce on low heat for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent the sauce from burning.
8. When the sauce has thickened, add the fresh basil and cook for another 5 minutes.