LENTIL SOUP WITH SPAGHETTI
|Spaghetti||4 Ounce, cut into 1" pieces|
|Skinned tomatoes||1 Large, chopped (or 2)|
|Stock||3 1⁄2 Pint|
|Celery stick||2 , chopped|
|Vegetable oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Basil/Mint||1 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
1. In a bowl, chop tomatoes and add sugar and salt. Let it stand for 10 minutes.
2. In a heavy saucepan, heat oil.
3. Add onions and garlic and fry it gently over a low flame until it is glazed.
4. Add tomatoes, celery, herbs and seasoning. Simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Wash and pick over the lentils.
6. Add it to the onions and tomatoes. Stir well so that it coats with oil.
7. Pour boiling stock over it and cook for 45 minutes.
8. Add spaghetti and cook for another 20 minutes or until lentils are mushy.
9. If you are using cooked lentils, add it to onion and tomato and add spaghetti with the boiling stock. Cook until spaghetti is tender.
10. To serve Lentil Soup with Spaghetti, top with parsley or chopped chives. For Lentil and tomato soup, omit the spaghetti.