Spaghetti and Meatballs
|Ground chuck||1⁄2 Pound|
|Fresh bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , slightly beaten|
|Salad oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped onion||1 Tablespoon|
|Tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Dried oregano leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Spaghetti||4 Ounce (1/2 Of A 8 Ounce Package)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon|
1. In medium bowl, toss chuck with bread crumbs, egg, salt, and pepper, to combine. With moistened hands, shape mixture into 6 balls.
2. Slowly heat oil in medium saucepan. Add meatballs; saute, turning, until meatballs are browned all over—about 5 minutes.
3. Drain off fat from saucepan. Add onion; cook 2 minutes.
4. Add tomato sauce, oregano, and 2 tablespoons water, mixing well; bring to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, 15 to 20 minutes, or until meatballs are tender.
5. Simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes longer.
6. Meanwhile, cook spaghetti as package label directs; drain.