Cheese Topped Spaghetti Squash
|Spaghetti squash||3 Pound|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Chopped sweet green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped carrot||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sliced mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tomato sauce||15 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Italian seasoning||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Shredded provolone cheese||4 Ounce (1 Cup)|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to moderate (350°).
2. Cut the squash in half using a sharp knife; remove the seeds. Place the squash, cut-side down, in a shallow baking pan with approximately 1-inch depth of water.
3. Bake the squash, in the preheated moderate oven (350°) for 45 minutes or until the squash is tender.
4. Saute the onion, green pepper, carrot and mushrooms in the butter in a medium-size saucepan for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Add the tomato sauce, water, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and pepper. Simmer the sauce, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Stir in the Provolone and Cheddar cheese until melted. Remove the saucepan from the heat.
5. Scoop the pulp from the squash, using a fork.