The Chicken Puttanesca with Spaghetti is a classical, spicy dish which you are surely going to love. The Dreamfield Spaghetti is the perfect choice for diabetes or pre-diabates patients. Your family is also going to enjoy the flavor.
1) Follow the package instruction to cook pasta. Drain and return to pan.
2) In a large skillet, heat half of olive oil over medium-high heat.
3) Add half of chicken pieces in hot oil.
4) Cook about 5 minutes, until chicken is cooked through, stirring frequently.
5) Remove chicken from skillet.
6) Repeat with remaining oil and chicken. Remove chicken from skillet.
7) Add garlic to skillet and cook for 1 to 2 minutes until golden, watching carefully so garlic does not burn.
8) Add tomatoes, when garlic begins to turn golden.
9) Cook for 2 minutes and stir in olives, anchovies, capers, tomato puree and red pepper flakes.
10) Stir occasionally to cook for another 10 minutes.
11) Return chicken to skillet; heat through.
12) Add spaghetti, toss to coat.
13) Season with salt and pepper as desired.
14) If sauce is too thick, add all or part of the reserved tomato liquid until sauce is desired consistency.
Nutrition information (1/6 of recipe): 530 calories; 30 g protein; 15 g digestible carbohydrates*; 23 g total fat; 4 g saturated fat; 74 mg cholesterol; 475 mg sodium; 8 g total dietary fiber.
This video is a creation of DreamfieldsPasta. You can visit DreamfieldsPasta for complete recipes, and more videos.
This is an excellent video showing a classic Italian spicy dish called puttanesca with spaghetti. The sauce here is cooked with plenty of tomatoes and chili peppers. Try out this flavorful pasta with chicken, surely would be a favorite with your entire family.