Slim Spaghetti And Meatballs
|Lean ground round/Chuck||1 1⁄4 Pound|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Minced onion||2 Tablespoon|
|Canned italian plum tomatoes||29 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Canned tomato paste||6 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Leaf oregano||1 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Spaghetti||8 Ounce (1 Package)|
1. Combine ground beef, parsley, minced onion, oregano and salt. Shape into 18 meatballs.
2. Broil, 3 inches from heat, 5 minutes; turn; broil 5 minutes longer.
3. Combine the tomatoes, tomato paste, water, onion, garlic, oregano, salt, pepper and cayenne in large saucepan. Bring to boil; add meatballs; lower heat; cover; simmer, stirring occasionally, 1 hour.
4. Remove from heat. Uncover; refrigerate until serving time. Remove surface fat; reheat.
5. Cook the spaghetti in a kettle; drain. Place on a heated, deep, serving platter; top with the meatballs and sauce.