Spaghetti Alla Bombay
|Spaghetti noodles||400 Gram|
|Tomato sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1 recipe Mexican)|
|Grated cheese||100 Gram (1 cup)|
|Crab meat||250 Gram|
|Cooked chopped squid meat||250 Gram|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), chopped|
|Hard boiled eggs||2 , chopped|
|Ground coriander||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Ground roasted cumin||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Finely chopped coriander||1 Tablespoon|
1. Make Mexican tomato sauce as directed.
2. Heat oil, fry onion, garlic until golden, add crab meat and chopped squid, stir fry for 5-7 minutes, add spices with salt and pepper, cook over medium heat until brown. Stir in Mexican tomato sauce, simmer for 15 minutes. Remove and keep warm.
3. Cook spaghetti in boiling salted water for 10-12 minutes until tender but firm. Drain and place into a large bowl, add butter and half the cheese, toss with 2 forks.
4. Transfer the spaghetti to a large serving dish and pour the sauce over. Sprinkle with remaining cheese, chopped eggs and coriander.
Vegetarian Spaghetti alia Bombay:
1. Omit crab, squid and eggs.
2. Use 2 cups boiled mixed vegetables (carrot, peas, french bean, potatoes) instead of crab and squid.
3. Add 1 capsicum, deseeded and shredded.
4. Toss spaghetti with 2 tablespoons cream and half the cheese instead of eggs.
5. Remaining recipe follow as above.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4108 Calories from Fat 1926
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 218 g335.9%
Saturated Fat 67.2 g335.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1328.9 mg443%
Sodium 3684.9 mg153.5%
Total Carbohydrates 359 g119.6%
Dietary Fiber 6.5 g25.9%
Sugars 14.7 g
Protein 203 g405.8%
Vitamin A 82.8% Vitamin C 76.6%
Calcium 157.1% Iron 130.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet