Spaghetti Alla Bombay
|Spaghetti noodles||400 Gram|
|Tomato sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1 recipe Mexican)|
|Grated cheese||100 Gram (1 cup)|
|Crab meat||250 Gram|
|Cooked chopped squid meat||250 Gram|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), chopped|
|Hard boiled eggs||2 , chopped|
|Ground coriander||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Ground roasted cumin||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Finely chopped coriander||1 Tablespoon|
1. Make Mexican tomato sauce as directed.
2. Heat oil, fry onion, garlic until golden, add crab meat and chopped squid, stir fry for 5-7 minutes, add spices with salt and pepper, cook over medium heat until brown. Stir in Mexican tomato sauce, simmer for 15 minutes. Remove and keep warm.
3. Cook spaghetti in boiling salted water for 10-12 minutes until tender but firm. Drain and place into a large bowl, add butter and half the cheese, toss with 2 forks.
4. Transfer the spaghetti to a large serving dish and pour the sauce over. Sprinkle with remaining cheese, chopped eggs and coriander.
Vegetarian Spaghetti alia Bombay:
1. Omit crab, squid and eggs.
2. Use 2 cups boiled mixed vegetables (carrot, peas, french bean, potatoes) instead of crab and squid.
3. Add 1 capsicum, deseeded and shredded.
4. Toss spaghetti with 2 tablespoons cream and half the cheese instead of eggs.
5. Remaining recipe follow as above.