|Ground beef/Ground raw turkey||1 Pound|
|Water||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Tomato sauce||15 Ounce (1 can)|
|Dried minced onion||1 Tablespoon|
|Dried oregano||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Dried basil||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Garlic powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1 Tablespoon|
1. Use your hands to break up the meat as you put it into the saucepan. Put the pan on the burner. Turn the burner to medium-high. Cook the meat, stirring with the wooden spoon, till no pink color is left. Turn off the burner.
2. Place the colander over the mixing bowl. Spoon the ground meat into the colander with the large spoon. Let the fat drain into the bowl. Spoon the ground meat back into the saucepan. Put the fat in a container to throw it away.
3. Stir water, tomato sauce, onion, oregano, basil, salt, garlic powder, and pepper into the pan with the meat. Put the pan on the burner. Turn the burner to high.
4. Cook till the mixture is bubbly. Break the spaghetti in half. Add the spaghetti to the saucepan. Turn the burner to low. Put the lid on the pan. Simmer about 30 minutes or till the spaghetti is tender when you bite it. Stir the spaghetti often with the wooden spoon.
5. When the spaghetti is done, turn off the burner. Remove the pan from the burner. Serve the spaghetti with Parmesan cheese, if you like.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2274 Calories from Fat 1152
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 128 g197.3%
Saturated Fat 47.3 g236.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 333.2 mg111.1%
Sodium 1110.3 mg46.3%
Total Carbohydrates 184 g61.2%
Dietary Fiber 11.1 g44.3%
Sugars 28.5 g
Protein 115 g229.4%
Vitamin A 58.2% Vitamin C 118.7%
Calcium 46.5% Iron 95%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet