Wholemeal Spaghetti Bake
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon (10 ml)|
|Onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Mushrooms||4 Ounce, sliced (125 gram)|
|Eating apple||1 , cored and grated|
|Canned chopped tomatoes||14 Ounce (one 400g can)|
|Chopped fresh sage||1 Teaspoon (5ml)|
|Tomato puree||30 Milliliter (2 tablespoon)|
|Wholemeal spaghetti||8 Ounce (250g)|
|Cheddar cheese||2 Ounce, grated (50g)|
1. Heat the oil in a large pan and gently fry the onion and garlic for 5 minutes.
2. Add the mushrooms, cover and cook for a further 5 minutes.
3. Stir in the apple. Drain the tomatoes, reserving the juice. Add the tomatoes to the pan with the sage and tomato puree. Cover and simmer gently for 10 minutes, adding a little tomato juice or water to make a thick sauce, if necessary.
4. Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in a saucepan of boiling water for 5-7 minutes until it is just tender. Drain.
5. Mix the sauce and spaghetti together and put into a large casserole or ovenproof dish. Sprinkle over the cheese.
6. Bake in a preheated oven at Gas Mark 4,350°F, 180°C for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and bubbling.