|Dried soybeans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ham hock/1 tablespoon oil||1 Small|
|Molasses||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Boiling water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Small, diced|
|Dry mustard||1 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat oven to 325°.
2) In a bowl, pour in boiling water for soaking the soybeans for overnight or several hours.
3) Add other ingredients to the saucepan. If required, pour in additional water to cover everything.
4) Place over high heat and bring the liquid to a boil.
5) Reduce heat and allow simmering the mixture for 2 hours or until tender.
6) Use a bean pot or baking pan to pour in the mixture.
7) Season with salt if required.
8) Cover with a lid and place inside oven to bake for an hour.
9) To brown the top portion, remove the cover after 20 minutes and bake uncovered for last 40 minutes.
10) Serve the bakes soybeans with bread rolls.
Calories 863 Calories from Fat 286
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49.3%
Saturated Fat 8 g39.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 52.6 mg17.5%
Sodium 168.1 mg7%
Total Carbohydrates 116 g38.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g18.8%
Sugars 75.5 g
Protein 33 g65.1%
Vitamin A 0.8% Vitamin C 8.5%
Calcium 39.6% Iron 72.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet