Southwestern Chef Salad with Chipotle Chicken
|Ham||4 Ounce, cut in strips (FOR SALAD)|
|Hard boiled eggs||4 Medium, cut into quarters|
|Avocado||1 Large, sliced|
|Oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (FOR MARINADE)|
|Paprika||1 Teaspoon (FOR MARINADE)|
|Chipotle powder||1 Tablespoon (FOR MARINADE)|
|Scallions (green and white)||2 Medium, chopped finely (FOR MARINADE)|
|Cilantro||4 Tablespoon, chopped (FOR MARINADE ; DRESSING)|
|Cumin||2 Teaspoon (FOR MARINADE ; DRESSING)|
|Lime||2 Large, juiced (about 1/4 cup, FOR MARINADE ; DRESSING)|
|Salt||2 Teaspoon (FOR MARINADE ; DRESSING)|
|Black pepper||2 Teaspoon (FOR MARINADE ; DRESSING)|
|Garlic||5 Clove (25 gm), minced (FOR MARINADE ; DRESSING)|
|Chicken breast||1 Large (skinless, boneless)|
|Low-fat mayonnaise||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (FOR THE DRESSING)|
|Prepared mustard||1 Teaspoon (FOR THE DRESSING)|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon (FOR THE DRESSING)|
|Water||3 Tablespoon (FOR THE DRESSING)|
|Iceberg lettuce||2 Cup (32 tbs), shredded (FOR SALAD)|
|Salad greens||2 Cup (32 tbs), shredded (FOR SALAD)|
|Green cabbage/Red||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded (FOR SALAD)|
|Tomatoes||4 Large, peeled, chopped (FOR SALAD)|
|Red onion||1 Medium, chopped finely (FOR SALAD)|
|Corn kernels||11 Ounce (1 can, FOR SALAD)|
1. FOR MARINADE: Add all the ingredients to a bowl and whisk.
2. Pour the marinade over the chicken and toss to coat well. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Remove from fridge.
3. FOR THE DRESSING: Mash the garlic cloves with the salt using the back of a small spoon.
4. Place the mayonnaise, mustard, mashed garlic, lime juice and cumin in a bowl. Whisk it until uniformly mixed. Add the cilantro and mix well. Slowly add the olive oil, in a thin stream, while constantly whisking. Taste for salt and add the black pepper. Thin out the dressing by adding water a tablespoon at a time. Whisk well and set aside.
5. FOR CHICKEN: Heat a skillet with the oil.
6. Remove the chicken from the marinade (discard the marinade) and cook it in batches. Brown one side and flip it until the other side is browned as well.
7. Make sure the chicken is cooked all the way through. Place the cooked chicken on a paper lined plate to drain any excess oil. Keep it warm or at room temperature.
8. SALAD: Toss the lettuces, cabbage, tomatoes, onion, corn, beans and scallion greens in a large bowl.
9. Drizzle with salad dressing and toss to coat well.
10. Take 8 serving dishes, divide salad onto 8 dishes. Top with equal parts of chicken cheese, ham, avocado and hardboiled egg slices and serve.