Coffee Dulce de Leche Ice Box Cake
|Lady finger cookies/Vanilla wafers||40 Medium|
|Instant coffee||2 Tablespoon|
|Boiling water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dulce de leche||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Coffee liquor||1 Tablespoon (Optional)|
|Dark cocoa||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Mix the instant coffee with the water. Stir to dilute well and set aside.
2. Whip the cream until soft peaks start to form. Add the dulce de leche and coffee liquor (if using). Beat until well mixed.
3. Soak the lady fingers in the coffee, without making them soggy. A couple of tumbles are enough.
4. Take a 9X13 pan. Place the soaked cookies in the pan – 10 per layer.
5. Add ¼ of the cream.
6. Turn the dish and arrange a second layer of soaked cookies – this time make sure the 8 are on top of the 2 cookies on the first layer.
7. Add another ¼ of the cream. Repeat until you have 4 layers, finishing with the cream.
8. Sift the dark cocoa on the top of the cake.
9. Cover with plastic and freeze, for a minimum of 6 hours, or overnight.
10. Once frozen, remove cake from freezer and allow it to sit on the counter for 15 minutes before you serve.
11. On a serving plate, cut it into squares and serve chilled.
Calories 366 Calories from Fat 187
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.5%
Saturated Fat 12.4 g62.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 56.4 mg18.8%
Sodium 95.2 mg4%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.3%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8%
Sugars 21.7 g
Protein 3 g6.4%
Vitamin A 4.7% Vitamin C
Calcium 18.9% Iron 12.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet