Used some chunks of pork butt to make carne cuisada. Used Fiesta Carne Guisada spice only and a bit of roux..
10 Cup (160 tbs)
10 Tablespoon (Carne Guisada seasoning)
1 Tablespoon, blend (with a little water to make a roux)
1. Trim off excess fat from the pork butt and cut up into bite size chunks
2. In a large Dutch oven or cast iron casserole, heat a little oil.
3. Brown the pork chunks, in batches, searing the meat evenly on all sides.
4. Return all the browned pork to the pot and pour in water, enough to cover the meat.
5. Bring the water to a boil. Then reduce the heat to a simmer, cover the pot and allow the meat to cook for about 2 hours or until the meat is fork tender. Keep checking on it occasionally.
6. Drain out the fat and strain out the stock.
7. In two cups water, whisk in the Carne Guisada seasoning mix. Pour over the pork in the Dutch oven.
8. Add another cup of water to cover the meat.
9. Bring the liquid to a boil over high heat, then reduce to a simmer and cook covered, for 15 minutes or until the liquid thickens to a gravy.
10. Add a mixture of flour and water if necessary, to thicken the stew.
11. Serve the pork stew with tortillas, bread or rice