Mayan Bean Soup
|Black beans/Mexican brown beans||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked|
|Corn||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cooked|
|Garlic powder||1 Dash|
|Taco sauce/Salsa picante||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (As Needed)|
1. Take a saucepan and fry the bacon strips until soft and crumble it. Save the drippings.
2. Take a saucepan, add corn, beans and garlic powder into it and stir well.
3. Stir in some water for thinning and drippings to derive desired flavor.
4. Simmer the mixture over medium heat by stirring. Keep on stirring until hot.
5. Serve the Mayan bean soup after spooning the crumbled bacon over it.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1526 Calories from Fat 169
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.8%
Saturated Fat 6.4 g31.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 11.8 mg3.9%
Sodium 678.7 mg28.3%
Total Carbohydrates 257 g85.8%
Dietary Fiber 56.8 g227.3%
Sugars 7.7 g
Protein 84 g168.7%
Vitamin A 4.5% Vitamin C 2.2%
Calcium 42.7% Iron 105.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet