Frittata Alla Sardegnola
|Water||1 1⁄4 Pint|
|Courgettes||3⁄4 Pound, diced, impeded (Use Fresh)|
|Fresh white bread crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Freshly grated parmesan cheese||3 Tablespoon|
|Freshly grated lemon peel||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the grill to its highest temperature setting.
2. In a small saucepan bring water and salt to a boil, put in the diced courgettes and blanch for 3 minutes and drain thoroughly in a large sieve or colander.
3. In a large mixing bowl soak the breadcrumbs in milk for 5 minutes.
4. To the breadcrumb mixture add the courgettes, cheese, lemon peel, salt and sugar.
5. In another bowl using a wire whisk beat the eggs until they are just blended and mix them gently into the breadcrumb mixture.
6. In a large heavy bottomed frying pan melt butter.
7. Wait till the foam subsides and then pour in the mixture and cook over moderate heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until the eggs are firm but still slightly moist.
8. Keep the pan under the grill for 30 seconds or until the top is browned lightly.
9. Slice it into wedges and serve at once, with a crisp salad or some cherry tomatoes.
Calories 198 Calories from Fat 128
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g22.3%
Saturated Fat 7.4 g36.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 237.6 mg79.2%
Sodium 1122.1 mg46.8%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g1.9%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4.1%
Sugars 2.8 g
Protein 12 g24.5%
Vitamin A 13% Vitamin C 24.8%
Calcium 18.2% Iron 8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet