Classic Carbonada Criolla
|Oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Carrot||1 , sliced|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Warm water/Stock||3⁄4 Pint|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), chopped|
|Pumpkin||1 , diced|
|Tomatoes||2 , peeled|
|Boned stewing beef||1 Pound, cut 1 inch dices|
|Potato||1 , diced|
|Peas||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dried peaches/2 fresh||4|
|Plum||1 , peeled and chopped|
|Apple||1 , peeled and sliced|
1) In a pan, heat oil and saute onion and garlic, until browned.
2) Stir in the meat, tomatoes and herbs, and cook for about 10 minutes.
3) Put in butter, maize, carrot and stock.
4) Simmer for about 1 hour until the meat is just done.
5) Mix in pumpkin, peas, potato, peaches and diced fruit.
6) Put the lid saucepan and simmer for another half-an-hour, check once if the meat mixture is too dry add more stock.
7) Serve hot garnished with chopped parsley, with hot rice or mash potatoes.