Artichoke Frittata Sandwiches
|Frozen artichoke hearts||9 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Boiling salted water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Green onion including tops||2 , chopped|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredded|
|Rye bread slice||4|
1. In a saucepan boil salted water and cook artichoke for 5 to 7 minutes until tender.
2. Drain and keep aside.
3. Stir in 1 tablespoon butter and chopped green onions.
4. Cook and stir for 1 minute.
5. For each sandwich, beat 2 eggs mixed with 1/2 teaspoon salt, dash of pepper, and 2 teaspoons water.
6. Heat a 7 or 8-inch frying pan and add 2 teaspoons butter to it.
7. Add egg mixture when it stops sizzling.
8. Cook over medium-high heat until done.
9. Add 1/4 artichokes and onions and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons cheese.
10. Put under a preheated broiler, about 4 inches from the heat.
11. Transfer into a platter and keep in a warm oven until ready to serve.
12. Toast rye bread and lightly butter.
13. Cover with lettuce leaves and place frittata on top of each.
14. Serve warm.