Artichoke Frittata Sandwiches
|Frozen artichoke hearts||9 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Boiling salted water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Green onion including tops||2 , chopped|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredded|
|Rye bread slice||4|
1. In a saucepan boil salted water and cook artichoke for 5 to 7 minutes until tender.
2. Drain and keep aside.
3. Stir in 1 tablespoon butter and chopped green onions.
4. Cook and stir for 1 minute.
5. For each sandwich, beat 2 eggs mixed with 1/2 teaspoon salt, dash of pepper, and 2 teaspoons water.
6. Heat a 7 or 8-inch frying pan and add 2 teaspoons butter to it.
7. Add egg mixture when it stops sizzling.
8. Cook over medium-high heat until done.
9. Add 1/4 artichokes and onions and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons cheese.
10. Put under a preheated broiler, about 4 inches from the heat.
11. Transfer into a platter and keep in a warm oven until ready to serve.
12. Toast rye bread and lightly butter.
13. Cover with lettuce leaves and place frittata on top of each.
14. Serve warm.
Calories 320 Calories from Fat 184
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g31.9%
Saturated Fat 10.3 g51.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 354.1 mg118%
Sodium 1562.8 mg65.1%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.1%
Sugars 2.3 g
Protein 17 g34.9%
Vitamin A 34.6% Vitamin C 10.1%
Calcium 22.7% Iron 16.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet