Dulce de leche can be used for many things. It literally translates to candy of milk and is basically cooked condensed milk. There are different ways to achieve this caramel, thick state. In this video I use a pressure cooker but you can also make it in a slow cooker or pan. Here is what you need to do with a pressure cooker
14 Ounce (1 can)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (as required)
1. Remove the label from the can and place it in a pressure cooker.
2. Barely cover the can with water.
3. Cook the condensed milk for a total of 60 minutes.
4. This includes the time it takes for the pressure cooker to start making pressure noise.
5. Wait until the cooker is completely cooled down before opening it.
6. Carefully remove the can and cool it down completely, as well, before opening it.
7. Enjoy your dulce de leche as a filling for crepes, cookies, for making ice-cream, mousse or caramel apples.
If you have a sweet tooth, you will surely find this Latin sweet treats truly irresistible. Warm, gooey and delicious, this is one dessert that promises a mouthful of goodness and bellyful of happiness. Rich and creamy, you are likely to get addicted to it in the first slurp. Follow the video to learn how to replicate this Latin gooey goodness in the confines of your kitchen. Rest assured, you won’t mind from giving it another try!