Picadillo Round Steak
Vegetable Cooking Spray
Onion - 1 no, medium, chopped
Green Pepper - 1 no, medium, seeded, chopped
Garlic Clove - 1 no, minced
Tomato Sauce - 1 can, no-salt added
Worcestershire Sauce - 1 tablespoon
Dried Whole Thyme - 1/4 teaspoon
Crushed Red Pepper - 1/4 teaspoon
Ground Cinnamon - 1/4 teaspoon
Raisins - 1/3 cup
Pimiento-Stuffed Olives - 3 tablespoons, sliced
1) Remove all the excess fat from the steak.
2) Slice the steak into 1-inch pieces.
3) Spray a large skillet with cooking spray. Heat the skillet on medium flame.
4) Saute the steak pieces till they brown well on both sides.
5) Take the steaks off the skillet and drain them over paper towels.
6) Wipe the skillet with a couple of paper towels as well.
7) To the skillet, add in the onion, green pepper and garlic. Saute to cook the vegetables till tender.
8) Add the steak pieces back into the skillet.
9) In a bowl, mix the tomato sauce with worcestershire sauce, thyme, red pepper, cinnamon. Pour the marinade over the steak.
10) Cover the skillet and cook on simmer for about 1 1/2 hours.
11) Add in the raisins and pimiento-stuffed olives. Cook on simmer for 30 more minutes till the steak has become tender.
12) Serve the Piccadillo Round Steak with chopped parsley garnish.