|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Corn oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Flour||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
1) Grease a bowl.
2) In a bowl, combine sugar, salt and oil.
3) Pour in 2 cups of boiling water and mix well.
4) Cool to lukewarm.
5) Stir in the egg and yeast.
6) Add enough flour and mix to a easily handled dough.
7) Turn the dough onto a floured surface.
8) Knead till smooth.
9) Place in the greased bowl.
11) Allow to rise in a warm place, till doubled in bulk.
12) Punch dough the down.
13) Turn onto a floured surface and lightly knead.
14) Roll to 1/4 inch thickness.
15) Cut into diamonds or triangles.
16) Drop into hot deep fat.
17) Fry for 2 to 3 minutes, till well browned on both sides.
18) Remove to paper towels and drain.
19) Serve with jam or honey.