South American Pork Soup
|Lean boneless pork/Beef||1 1⁄2 Pound, cut into 1/2-inch cubes|
|Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, finely chopped to make 1/2 cup|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Potatoes||2 Medium, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes to make 2 cups|
|Sweet potatoes||2 Medium, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes to make 2 cups|
|Carrots||2 Medium, chopped to make 1 cup|
|Winter squash||1⁄2 Small, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes to make 1 cup|
|Canned whole kernel corn||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Tomato||1 , peeled and chopped|
|Fresh spinach||2 Cup (32 tbs), torn|
1. In a saucepan, heat oil and brown half the meat; remove from pan.
2. Brown remaining meat with onion, garlic, and paprika.
3. Return the entire meat to pan and add 3 cups water; bring it to boil.
4. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 1 1/4 hours.
5. Add potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, squash, un-drained corn, tomato, salt, and pepper; cover and simmer for about 20 minutes more or till meat and vegetables are tender.
6. Stir in spinach and simmer for 5 minutes more.
7. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
8. Ladle stew into individual bowls and serve hot with toasted garlic bread.