|Green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Tomato||1 Large, peeled and chopped|
|Crumbled oregano||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Provolone cheese slices||2 Ounce, shredded (2 Slices)|
1) In a small skillet, melt butter or margarine. Add in the green peppers and onions and saute for 5 minutes or till they turn soft.
2) Add in the tomatoes, 1/2 teaspoon salt and oregano. Cook on low flame for 10 minutes until all the liquid has disappeared. Stir intermittently. Set aside.
3) In a medium bowl, beat the eggs with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper.
4) Heat a 10-inch skillet for 5 seconds. Add in butter or margarine and swirl around with a fork to coat the bottom and sides of the skillet.
5) Add in the egg mixture. With the back of the fork, gently swirl the egg till it just starts setting.
6) Spread the tomato mixture evenly over the egg. Sprinkle cheese on top and cover the skillet for 2 minutes.
7) Slice the omelette in wedges and serve.
8) Garnish with chopped parsley leaves over the Italian Frittata, if desired.