|Milk||1⁄4 Pint (scant)|
|Coffee beans||2 1⁄4 Ounce|
|Vanilla essence||2 Drop|
|Caster sugar||3 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Hot water||2 Tablespoon|
|Chocolate||3 1⁄2 Ounce|
1) In a bowl, add milk and coffee beans and allow to infuse.
2) Strain and add vanilla essence.
3) In a saucepan, heat caster sugar and to a light caramel.
4) Stop the cooking process by standing the base of the saucepan in cold water.
5) Mix in hot water to the caramel and over gentle heat allow to dissolve and keep aside.
6) In a pan, add broken pieces of chocolate with a little of the coffee-flavored milk and allow to dissolve over low heat.
7) Keep stirring till you have a smooth sauce.
8) Add to the remaining milk along with the caramel.
9) In a bowl, beat yolks and egg and pour on the liquid.
10) Turn out onto a dish and cook gently for 25 minutes in a bain-marie.
11) Remove dish and cool.
12) Spread over with lightly whipped cream and sprinkle with chocolate caraque.