South American Squash Soup
|Flank steak||4 Ounce, fat trimmed|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Butternut squash||1 Small, peeled, seeded and cubed|
|Onion||1 Large, diced|
|Beef stock||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Pureed tomatoes||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Low-sodium soy sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Dried marjoram||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dried thyme||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Hot pepper sauce||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) Slice the flank steak into cubes of 1/2-inch dimensions.
2) In a 3-quart saucepan, heat oil and saute the steak cubes until brown on all sides.
3) Take the steak out from the pan.
4) In the same pan, add in the cubed squash, diced onions and cook cover for about 15 minutes on medium-low flame.
5) Add in the browned beef, stock, tomatoes, soy sauce, marjoram, thyme and hot-pepper sauce.
6) Cook for 15 more minutes on low flame till the squash becomes tender.
7) Serve the South American Squash Soup garnished with fresh chopped thyme leaves.