Green Tomato Frittata
|Eggs||6 , very lightly beaten with a pinch of salt|
|Green tomatoes||4 Large, cut into slices 1/2 inch thick|
|Olive oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
1) In a bowl, sprinkle the tomato slices with the flour, coat them thoroughly.
2) In a frying pan, heat all the olive oil, reserving 1 tablespoon and
place the tomato slices in a single layer.
3) Saute the tomatoes, until evenly golden brown, then remove on a paper towel to drain and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
4) Saute rest of tomato slices in a similar fashion.
5) In a large omelet pan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and place the tomato slices in a single layer.
6) Pour the eggs over the tomato slices, cook until, the frittata, leaves the bottom of the pan, then turn and cook the other side for 1 minute.
7) Slice and serve the Green Tomato Frittata, immediately or when cold, on individual serving plates.
Calories 741 Calories from Fat 550
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 62 g95.6%
Saturated Fat 9.9 g49.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 317.2 mg105.7%
Sodium 227.4 mg9.5%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.6%
Sugars 7.9 g
Protein 15 g29.8%
Vitamin A 30.7% Vitamin C 71.1%
Calcium 7% Iron 22.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet