Pepper And Spaghetti Frittata
|Extra virgin olive oil||6 Tablespoon|
|Onions||2 Medium, chopped|
|Garlic cloves||5 Medium, minced|
|Bell peppers||10 , chopped to make about 4 cups|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Spaghetti||6 Ounce, cooked, drained|
|Freshly grated parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Minced parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. In a large ovenproof skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the onions, garlic and bell peppers, and saute over moderately high heat, stirring frequently, until the vegetables begin to brown, about 30 minutes. Season with the sugar, oregano, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and 1/2 teaspoon of the black pepper.
2. Preheat the oven to 350°. Add the cooked spaghetti to the skillet and toss well. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
3. In a medium bowl, beat the eggs with 1/4 of water and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper. Stir in 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese and 2 tablespoons of the parsley.
4. Pour the egg mixture over the pasta and stir with a fork to distribute evenly. Cook without stirring until the eggs are set around the edges. Place in the oven and bake until the eggs are set, about 10 minutes.
5. Slide the frittata onto a platter and cut into wedges. Toss together the remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and 2 tablespoons minced parsley and pass separately.
Calories 220 Calories from Fat 104
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.4%
Saturated Fat 1.9 g9.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 5.5 mg1.8%
Sodium 297.9 mg12.4%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g13.9%
Sugars 5.5 g
Protein 7 g13.7%
Vitamin A 14.6% Vitamin C 210.6%
Calcium 11% Iron 8.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet