Chicken Picadillo Enchiladas
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Red onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), 1/4 inch diced|
|Red bell pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), 1/2 inch diced|
|Plum tomatoes||6 , seeded and diced|
|Green olives||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), coarsely chopped, pitted|
|Golden raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), coarsely chopped|
|Capers||2 Tablespoon, drained (Tiny)|
|Thyme||1 Teaspoon, dried|
|Ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Chicken meat||3 Cup (48 tbs), cooked, shredded|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|Flat leaf parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), coarsely chopped|
|Marinara sauce/Other prepared tomato sauce||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Flour tortillas||16 (Large, About 8 Inches In Diameter)|
|Monterey jack cheese||12 Ounce, grated|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a large nonstick skillet, saute the onion and bell pepper in the oil over medium heat for 5 minutes.
3) Stir in the tomatoes, olives, raisins, almonds, capers, thyme, ginger, and cinnamon, then stir and cook over a medium heat for another 2 to 3 minutes.
4) Turn off the heat, stir in the chicken, then sprinkle with the salt and pepper and stir in the chopped parsley.
5) In a large shallow baking dish or 2 medium-size baking dishes, spread 2 cups of the marinara sauce over the bottom.
6) Spoon 1/4 cup of the picadillo 1 inch from the edge of a tortilla. Roll up and place with the seam side down in the baking dish. Repeat with the rest of tortillas and picadillo.
7) Pour rest of the 4 cups sauce evenly over the enchiladas, then sprinkle evenly with the grated cheese evenly on top.
8) Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until the top is slightly browned and the cheese is melted.
9) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.
Calories 723 Calories from Fat 373
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 44 g67.1%
Saturated Fat 13.9 g69.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 112.5 mg37.5%
Sodium 1054 mg43.9%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.6%
Dietary Fiber 4.8 g19.1%
Sugars 10.8 g
Protein 34 g68%
Vitamin A 26.6% Vitamin C 37.1%
Calcium 35.6% Iron 18.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet