|Eggplants||2 Small, thinly sliced|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking potatoes||2 , peeled and thinly sliced|
|Onion||1 , peeled and thinly sliced|
|Zucchini||2 Small, thinly sliced|
|Red peppers||2 , minced|
|Thyme sprig||3 (A Few Sprigs To Taste)|
1) Preheat the oven to the desired temperature of 450°. 2) Drizzle salt over the eggplants and place in a colander or steamer and allow to stand for 10 minutes.
3) Wash thoroughly with cold water and pat dry.
4) Take a 12-inch baking dish and grease it well with olive oil and heat the oil in the oven for 5 minutes and remove.
5) In the baking dish,arrange the potato and onion slices and bake for 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are slightly cooked through.
6) Place the zucchini and eggplant slices on top of the potatoes and further bake for 5 minutes.
7) Sprinkle the red peppers over the other vegetables.
8) Lightly beat the eggs till fluffy and season with salt and pepper
9) Pour the whisked egg mixture over the vegetables and place the thyme sprigs on top.
10) Bake for about 20 minutes until the eggs are set,stiff and the sides have puffed (Reduce oven temperature if eggs cook too fast.) The top will become golden brown and a knife inserted in the middle should come out clean,but do not overcook.
11) The frittata should be firm but not dry. Serve hot or at room temperature.