Brazilian Onion Bites
|Onion||1 Small, cut into quarters lengthwise and thinly slivered crosswise|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Thin white bread slices||6 , crusts removed|
|Freshly grated parmesan cheese||3 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a bowl, mix the onion with 5 tablespoons of mayonnaise. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
3) Spread 3 slices of bread on one side with the remaining mayonnaise.
4) Cut these bread slices into quarters and set aside.
5) Cut the remaining 3 slices of bread into quarters.
6) Spread each square evenly with the onion-mayonnaise mixture.
7) Top with the reserved bread squares, mayonnaise side up.
8) On a baking sheet, arrange these squares.
9) Sprinkle the tops generously with grated cheese.
10) Bake until lightly golden and puffy for about 15 minutes.
11) Serve immediately, with your favorite beverage.