Spinach Frittata With Spicy Tomato Sauce
|For the sauce|
|Tomatoes||2 Medium, coarsely chopped to make 2 cups|
|Tomatoes||2 Medium, coarsely chopped to make about 2 cups|
|Onion||1⁄2 Medium, chopped to make about 1/2 cup|
|Chopped celery||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped green pepper||2 Tablespoon|
|Hot sauce||6 Dash (Or Use According To Taste)|
|For the frittata|
|Onion||1⁄2 Medium, chopped to make 1/2 cup|
|Vegetable oil/Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Spinach||4 Ounce, coarse stems removed, rinsed and spun dry (About 3 Cups)|
|Spinach||4 Ounce, coarse stems removed, rinsed and spun dry to make 3 cups|
|Cholesterol free egg product/4 large eggs and 4 large egg whites - 1 1/2 cups (lightly beaten)||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh dill||1 Tablespoon|
|Grated low fat mozzarella cheese/Coarsely grated cheddar cheese||2 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the broiler.
2) In a saucepan mix all the sauce ingredients. Boil the mixture and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes till sauce is thickened.
3) Add salt and pepper to taste.
4) In a 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil and cook the onion over moderate low heat for 5 minutes till onion is softened.
5) Decrease heat to moderate, add spinach, and cook for 2 minutes till spinach is wilted.
6) In a bowl, mix egg product or the eggs with the dill, salt and pepper to taste.
7) Pour the mixture over the spinach.
8) Cover and cook for 6 to 8 minutes till eggs are just set.
9) Sprinkle cheese over it and broil for 1 minute till golden on top.
10) Serve with some of the tomato sauce on top.