Brazilian Beef Steak
|Beef round steak||2 Pound, sliced 3/4 inch thick|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Freshly ground pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Cooking oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Chopped onion||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Solid pack tomatoes||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Chicken stock/Beef stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Peanut butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Make 6 servings out of the steak.
2) Combine flour, salt and pepper.
3) Coat the steaks with flour.
4) In a large skillet, heat up oil to brown meat on both sides.
5) Remove meat and add onion to sauté until tender, but not browned.
6) Return meat to skillet.
7) Add tomatoes and stock.
8) Cover with a lid and cook over low heat 15 minutes.
9) Stir in peanut butter and continue cooking 15 minutes or until meat is tender.
10) Serve the steak with bread roll.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3623 Calories from Fat 1881
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 215 g330.3%
Saturated Fat 21.8 g109.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 7.2 mg2.4%
Sodium 3403 mg141.8%
Total Carbohydrates 103 g34.2%
Dietary Fiber 17.6 g70.5%
Sugars 17.4 g
Protein 318 g636.5%
Vitamin A 53.4% Vitamin C 74.2%
Calcium 24.2% Iron 56.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet