Brazil Nut Torte
|Sifted flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Double-acting baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Fine graham cracker crumbs||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped brazil nuts||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg whites||3 , stiffly beaten|
|Vanilla pudding/1 package pie filling||3 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Sieve flour with baking powder. Mix cracker crumbs.
3. Blend sugar and butter to a creamy smooth mixture. Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating after each time. Mix vanilla and nuts.
4. Add flour mixture and milk, alternately, and beat well each time. Fold the stiffly beaten egg whites into the mixture.
5. Take two 8 inch layer cake pans, line the bottom using waxed paper, transfer the cake batter into it and bake for about half an hour or till done. Allow to cool in the pans.
6. Mix vanilla pudding and milk. Keep on medium heat and cook, allowing mixture to come to boil. Take off from heat and chill well. Beat till smooth.
7. Fold in whipped cream.
8. Take the cakes out of the pan. Crosswise, halve the cake layers, to make 4 layers.
8. Arrange the filling on cake top and in between the layers.
9. Refrigerate for an hour and serve.
Calories 645 Calories from Fat 332
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g58.4%
Saturated Fat 18.9 g94.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 169.7 mg56.6%
Sodium 509.2 mg21.2%
Total Carbohydrates 71 g23.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.5%
Sugars 53.3 g
Protein 10 g19.9%
Vitamin A 19.3% Vitamin C 0.37%
Calcium 29.7% Iron 7.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet