Brazilian Chocolate Chiffon Cake
|Sifted cake flour||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 2⁄3 Cup (26.67 tbs)|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Powdered instant coffee||2 Teaspoon|
|Salad oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Eggs||6 , separated|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Unsweetened chocolate square||3 , melted|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat oven at 325°F.
2) In a bowl, add first six ingredients to sift together.
3) At the center, make a well and gradually add salad oil, egg yolks, water and vanilla, one after another.
4) Use a spoon to beat the mixture until smooth.
5) Fold in melted chocolate and blend properly.
6) In another bowl, combine cream of tartar and egg whites. Beat to form stiff peaks.
7) Fold in egg yolk and chocolate mixture slowly into egg whites and blend properly.
8) Use an ungreased 10-inch tube pan to pour the batter.
9) Place inside the oven and bake for 70 to 75 minutes or until the cake is ready.
10) Invert the cake on wire rack to cool.
11) Frost the cake with your choice of icing to serve.
Calories 353 Calories from Fat 138
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.3%
Saturated Fat 3.6 g17.9%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 105.7 mg35.2%
Sodium 297.9 mg12.4%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.6%
Sugars 28.2 g
Protein 6 g12.2%
Vitamin A 2.4% Vitamin C 0.01%
Calcium 11.9% Iron 20.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet