Potato and Onion Frittata with Gruyere and Thyme
|Waxy potatoes||11 Ounce, peeled and halved if large (About 1 Large Or 2 Small, 300 Gram)|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , peeled, sliced|
|Gruyere cheese||2 Ounce, finely grated (50 Gram)|
|Single cream||4 Fluid Ounce (110 Milliliter)|
|Thyme leaves||1 Tablespoon|
|Spring onions||1 Bunch (100 gm), sliced|
1. Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Place the potatoes in a large saucepan, cover with water and add 1 tsp salt. Bring to the boil and cook for 20-25 mins or until tender. Drain the potatoes well and return to the pan on a very low heat to dry out for a minute or so. Remove from the heat, tip out onto a plate to cool a little and roughly dice.
2. Meanwhile, pour half the olive oil into a 25cm ovenproof frying pan with a lid on a gentle heat. Add the onion, cover with a lid and cook gently for 6-8 mins, stirring regularly, until soft and slightly golden. Remove from the pan, spread out on a large plate and set aside to cool a little.
3. Next whisk the eggs in a large bowl, then add the remaining ingredients and the cooked onions and potatoes, season with salt and pepper and gently stir together.
4. Place the remaining olive oil in the ovenproof pan and pour in the egg mixture, stirring briefly to distribute the ingredients evenly. Cook on a gentle heat for a few mins until the mixture begins to set on the bottom, then bake in the oven for 15-20 mins or until the mixture is set in the centre.
5. Remove the pan from the oven and allow the frittata to cool for a couple of mins before sliding it onto a large serving plate. Cut into wedges to serve.
Calories 239 Calories from Fat 157
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.3%
Saturated Fat 5.7 g28.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 229 mg76.3%
Sodium 105.1 mg4.4%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.9%
Sugars 1.8 g
Protein 10 g20.2%
Vitamin A 12.4% Vitamin C 24%
Calcium 13.8% Iron 10.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet